Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's all happening so fast!

Last month the boys celebrated their 1st birthday!! I only invited a few friends over, that have truly become more like family, and we ate & watched the boys devour their cupcakes! Here is the practice cake I made...I forgot to take a picture of the one I made for the actual day...it pretty much looks the same!

Carter


Cooper


The boys with their cupcakes


Carter


Cooper



The fam


-------------------------------------------------------


Sorry about being so MIA lately, but the move is progressing a lot faster than we originally planned! We made a trip to NC this past week to do a little house hunting, and of course we fell in love with the second to last house we looked it. It's the right price, and only 3 miles away from my brother & his family!!


We got back Sunday night and have spent almost every waking moment preparing our current house to get on the rental market. Has anyone ever heard of AHRN.com?? It is a great, FREE, website for military families to list their rentals!!


Because of availability, I'll be leaving FL on the 24th (the day after my last day of work), and waiting there for Eric to finish all his schooling in Arizona. Please keep your fingers crossed that I'll be able to find a good job & childcare! I have a phone interview tomorrow!!!


Although I'm super excited to be moving back to NC & being near family...I think I'm going to put the cold weather on notice. I'll definitely miss the warm weather here, but I think my allergies will thank me for the move!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, you're moving closer to me! Yay!

Jillene said...

The boys have gotten so big and they are just way too cute!! I love the birthday cake!! You really did an amazing job on it!!

Good luck on the move. I think it's great that you will be so close to you brother. Now the boys will have their cousins to hang out with!!

Jessica G. said...

Are you leaving on Easter Sunday? Good luck with the move! Any step closer to Utah is good. :)

Mary said...

I'm actually moving a little further away from Utah :o( But a ton of Eric's family live there, so maybe we'll visit sometime soon!

And yes, I'm leaving on Easter Sunday!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I can't believe that boys are a year old. It just seems like yesterday that they were arriving. Good luck on the sale and move. I can't wait to see pics of the new digs.

Liz Mays said...

I'm so glad you found the perfect place to live!

The boys are adorable, and wow, you made such a great cake!

Alyssia said...

Thanks for the link! Def gonna use it!

Cheeseboy said...

I am laughing that they still have their tattoos. That cake looks so cool!

Good luck on the job and move.

Sandra said...

That is the COOLEST cake in history...spoken like an ex-military wife, I am!