Tuesday, April 19, 2011

REALLY??

One thing I have NEVER been is graceful. I frequently trip over my own two feet, and am personally surprised I made it through the pregnancy without serious injury!

To add to my clumsiness, I usually see it coming. I'll go to pour something, and a split second before I make a huge mess, I literally see how I'm going to spill...but there's no stopping me by that point.

So, in an attempt to prevent more accidents, I always try to keep my main walking area in the house clear of clutter.

In preparing for the move we are a little more cluttered than normal and our vacuum, which happens to be a metal Kirby, was in my way. Now, when I say in my way, I mean within 3 ft radius of me, because I'm just that clumsy.

I catch my feet on things all the time, but this time was different. The pain didn't go away, and it bruised right away and got very swollen. I buddy-taped it with two other toes and took some Motrin.

Two days later it's still sporting a nice bruise:

But, it isn't nearly as painful!

What irritated me the most is about two seconds after I grabbed my foot in pain and screamed obscenities grimaced in pain, my husband said, "be careful!" I gave him the look of death and said, "REALLY?"

I've never understood the point of saying "be careful" "watch your step" or "did that hurt", other than to point out to the clumsy person that they are a moron & klutz. What do you think??


**PS: I may or may not have painted my toenail after taking the initial picture and realizing I might scare young children if I left my disgusting feet as is.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, man, can I relate. Except I thought my foot was broken. It's finally all better from the TJ Maxx fall.

Michelle said...

I can relate. I do stuff like that all the time. When I was pregnant with Jacob I walked through a door and cought my little toe on the door frame. It was so swollen and bruised and I couldn't walk without limping for a couple weeks. It does take talent! haha.

Cheeseboy said...

Oh my goodness!!! This totally rang true because my wife does this to me ALL THE TIME. "I guess you should be more careful" is what she says every time instead of "are you okay?" Makes me feel like a total moron.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Laughing that you painted your nails for a blog pic, but hugging you that you got such a nasty owie. My husband is forever tripping too and if I say something it's "wrong" and if I don't say something that's wrong too. The non-clumsy spouse can never win, lol!!!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I can't believe you painted you nails just for this picture...and welcome to my world of klutziness. I fall...often....Frank says I need one of those scooter things....and I am constantly bruising or breaking my toes....lat two...right foot. Hope you feel better soon.

Sandra said...

I think you may have broken that toe...what do you think?

Erin said...

I hate it when that happens. And yeah, if you remember, I did have a major fall 7 days before Kaitlyn was born. Ugh.

Car Title Loans said...

My favorite, too, is 'Are you okay?' Well, if I was okay I wouldn't be swearing in a very high-pitched voice now would I? I have the same problem, though. Most of the time I don't see it coming, and I'm very prone to walking into things. My bruise is on my third toe on my right foot currently :)
Ava

Unknown said...

Eeek, I do stuff like that all the time :( Ouch!