Thursday, January 8, 2009

Does my tail make me look fat?



My buddy V always welcomes my dog, Koa, to her house b/c her dog, Molly, is quite utterly in love with him...and they wear each other out!! So he came with me yesterday while I helped paint her son's room, and when her boys got off the bus the first thing out of her son's mouth was, "he used to be big, but now he's little!" Then when when our friend Kelsey came over I asked her if she thought he lost weight, and she put him in a sit, and we all noticed that his fat roll that used to sag over his tail was gone. Go, Koa...even though you had no choice. Eric has even started running with him and he is up to one mile, which is great for his knee.

My poor dog has the same problem that most of us do...he just loves to eat! I finally buckled down and bought him weight control food, and he only gets 1/4 cup, twice a day, and I guess it is paying off. I admit that he does get table scraps, but probably not what you are thinking. His favorite food...carrots, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. So, if he can lose weight, so can I!

I have been meat-free for about a week...and have lost 3 lbs. I don't think it is a direct reflection of my vegetarian choices, but rather how focused I am on what I am putting in my mouth b/c of the increased need for protein. Plus...have you ever seen a fat vegetarian?? (don't answer that, ignorance is bliss!)

So, now we are headed to Vanessa's again to put in the wood floors. We agreed that all of my slave labor with redecorating her kids rooms will be paid by her having to carry at least 2 of my future children. I think it is an even trade ;o)

9 comments:

Erin said...

Meat free? Sounds a little too difficult for me. I have a hard time coming up with meals period. So to add something like not using meat? I must say I am impressed!

Jillene said...

I am so impressed that you have been able to do the meat free thing. I think I would make it for about 1 meal and then the deal would be off.

Kristina P. said...

My favorite types of vegetarians are the ones who talk about how unhealthy meat is for you, but all they eat is candy and junk food. Blech.

Mary said...

I don't think most meat is unhealthy...but the massive quantities people eat sometimes isn't too great.

So far I have had tofu stirfry, vege burgers, soups, salads, and fruit shakes in the morning w/ protein powder.

Thanks for all the support!!

Brittany Marie said...

Yay for being healthier! I don't think I could go vegetarian though. I eat chicken. A lot.

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well! If you have energy for all of that slave labor, you're doing it right. Plus, you're a darn good friend.

Live.Love.Eat said...

So it's going well. Good for you. I am such a meat eater but do all lean meats and such and in moderation. But good for you!!!!! And your doggie is doing good too!

Queenie Jeannie said...

YAY Koa!

YAY Mary!!

Poor, poor Vanessa, lol!

Wendyburd1 said...

You have an iron will, I can't live without chicken!!