Monday, November 10, 2008

The muffin top phenomenon

There are many definitions of a muffin top.

Wikipedia describes it as: "Muffin-top" is a generally pejorative slang term used to describe the phenomenon of overhanging flesh when it spills over the waistline of trousers or skirt in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing. This generally occurs when an individual wears low-rise, hip-hugger pants, or midriff-baring tops that are too small.

I, on the other hand, also use this term to describe that fabulous roll of boobage on top of the bra (or 'double boob' as I have heard other call it) that too many women present when they wear a bra that is too small. If your boob doesn't completely fit in your is time to go up a size. And don't tell me that you can't find one, I used to wear a 40H! They are expensive, and have to be special ordered...but they are out there!

So, ladies...don't be oblivious and get a bra that fits.

*This rant is brought to you by a lady that works at my college that I fear will never get the memo*


Jillene said...

I have several of theose women that are in my ward. I would really like to out on an Enrichment Night and have everyone measured for their right size. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!

Vic and Al said...

ha ha you crack me up! i love it!

*MARY* said...

I'm guilty of both muffin tops.

Wendyburd1 said...

Okay I have muffin top no matter what pants I wear...maybe (hopefully) it is the excess skins fault. And I get double boob but I think I need a BETTER bra not bigger. They end up squished together and I have to, lol, pry them apart constantly...then they fit.rofl

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

This is hysterical! I hate muffin top.