Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The amazement of the circus without all the animal cruelty!!

I absolutely LOVED the La Nouba show (Cirque du Soleil) at downtown Disney...and not just b/c of the half-naked, really buff guys...everyone was extremely talented and entertaining.


I wasn't quite sure what to expect, and I was very surprised that they served popcorn, pretzels, and drinks in the lobby...especially when the nose bleed seats were $80!! Some people behind us in line were saying that they changed the dates of their entire vacation to accommodate available tickets for the show. Eric and I bought our tickets about a week in advance....but it is much easier to find 2 seats together than most groups of +4!


The entire show was mesmerizing. There was always something catching your eye. Even when one group of performers is the main event, there are people moving around the stage performing their own little routines & interactions. I was also impressed with our seating...we were in the upper tier, but it still wasn't very far from the stage...and some of the acts use the aisles, so keep you arm & legs inside at all times ;o)


Eric said that our next vacation needs to be in conjunction with seeing another Cirque presentation. They have permanent shows in Orlando, Las Vegas, & New York. But they also have traveling shows throughout the US. If you haven't seen a show, you are most definitely missing out....what are you waiting for....check out the website!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I have never been to a show but want to. This post makes me want to go even more. Since we are only 4 hours from Vegas, we are always saying we will take a weekend and do it. Now I really want to make it happen!

Brittany Marie said...

Imagine a circus without animal cruelty! I can't. I just can't. But apparently it's possible!

Thanks for putting my button on your blog!!

Anonymous said...

I've gone to a couple concerts at the HOB next door and I always end up staring at the Cirque du Soleil longingly. Maybe I can get someone to take me for my birthday...

Glad you had so much fun!

Jillene said...

I am SO jealous!! We were going to go to Vegas and see a Cirque show for our 10th Anniversary but my youngest couldn't, wouldn't sleep over at my mom's house. She was to mommy attached and I couldn't put my mom through that hell. So maybe this year we will escape and go see a show--I WANT TO SEE ONE REALLY BAD!!

Jillene said...

Oh yeah--I hope that you and Eric have a Happy New Year!!

Rick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristina P. said...

I've seen Cirque in Vegas and it is AMAZING! Those people are just ridiculous with what they can do with their bodies.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I was very impressed too. We saw it a few years in Downtown Disney and loved it. One of my favorite parts was when they were bouncing off the fake set up building that had windows. Did they do that when you saw it?

Mary said...

Steph, they had that part...everything was so awesome!!

Everyone in Utah needs to make the trip to Vegas to see one of the shows...it will be worth it!!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

I so LOVED La Nouba, I was glued to my seat, NO POTTY BREAKS! From the moment the clowns with the boxes enter and are near the audience we were entranced! And those little girls? AMAZING! Sandy bought the music and a shirt, but when we went to the real store down below, HOLY CRAP! I wanted a cool tee or something else, but crazy expensive! We got popcorn, it was scary expensive too, LOL!

Kim Hancock said...

We've been debating about whether to go or not. We want o take the kids, but just aren't sure it is worth the cost for 4 to go.