Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just when you think you can't be outdone...

Eric and I have always been impatient when it comes to Christmas. We have yet to truly make it to Christmas Eve without opening presents. Hopefully once we have kids, we will be guilted into setting an example, and actually wait to open our presents.


That being said, I thought that I was going to really out do him this year in the gift giving. I picked out an XBox game that he really wanted...I even threw a fit in the store about how he didn't need anymore games, to throw him off the scent ;o). I wasn't sure when we were going to open presents since we will be in Orlando for Christmas, but last night he came into the room and said, "so, you get this (and handed me the plain wedding band I asked for this year), and I will open one, okay?" I was so excited b/c I hated not wearing a wedding ring during my clinical rotations...b/c mine was soldered. So, I gave in and let him pick one...and he picked the Lego motorized AT-AT (Starwars....but I did NOT pay that much!!!) and was thrilled...and spent about 5 hours last night working on putting it together.


Well, we also work out together at the gym...I run & use the stationary bike while he lifts weights. He bought me an iPod 3 years ago for Christmas...but he kind of high-jacked it last year when he really started working out on a regular basis. So, I told him that I needed one that was really for me...and honestly...forgot about the request. Also...little back story...while Eric was deployed to Iraq I bought him the *new* iPod mini (which broke about a year ago, and why he stole mine) and had it laser engraved with: To: Eric AKA Sexy Beast. He gets a kick out of this nickname ;o)


So, we planned on hitting the gym tonight, and when we got home from running some errands he kept hinting about wanting me to open a present that "you can use now!" I finally gave in, and this is what I found:

He ordered it online so he could get it engraved, and had it shipped to my buddy Vanessa's house so I wouldn't open it. (I have a bad track record of opening things I am not supposed to, even when told that I shouldn't open ANYTHING that comes in the mail) I wanted to cry. He is so incredibly thoughtful.

Once I lost the weight 2 years ago, and started feeling like a real woman, he started referring to me as his "trophy wife." I'm not saying that my husband is better than anyone else's...I am just lucky to have someone that gets me.

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

He sounds like a great guy. You're very lucky! As am I!

Jillene said...

What a great guy! I love that he had it ingraved. Like Kristina said--you are very lucky--so am I!!

Anonymous said...

You guys make my day. That is so sweet.

Just SO said...

How sweet is that? What an awesome gift.

So what do you guys open on Christmas?

Mary said...

We normally don't have anything left on Christmas to open! LOL...I know, it's bad...we are such little kids when it comes to opening presents. Our first year married we didn't even make it to December!!!

Lee said...

Wow, I wish I could find a guy like that! He sounds so thoughtful!

Wendyburd1 said...

Awww yay Eric, way to go!! That is a good hubby that makes you cry happy tears!!

Unknown said...

Today is Georgie's birthday please go wish her a happy one!

http://georgienba.blogspot.com/2008/12/guest-post.html

Brittany Marie said...

You don't have any presents left to open on Christmas?! Hahaha, that's cute.

Great presents! It sounds like you have a great husband!

Jessica said...

What a great husband gift-giver. I told mine flat out this year that I expect him to buy me something. Usually I buy my own stuff and write his name on it.

Unknown said...

Awww! How special!

Grandma Arnold said...

Way to go Eric!!! Mary, seriously, please save something for December 24.

Love Mom

Michelle said...

That's awesome. lol. What a nice hubby.

We usually don't open ours until Christmas, but Mike can't help himself and gives me a million hints and makes me guess long before then. I prefer to wait and be surprised, but he just can't take it. hahaha.

Sounds like you guys have some awesome plans for Christmas. I hope you have a super duper awesome trip. :)