Eric and I are both quite headstrong, to say the least. It takes a lot of compromise, on both sides, to have been married for 7 years...but we also have a lot in common. And when events, such as this morning happen, I try to focus on the what I love about him & how much he puts up with from me.
My alarm had gone off, and I turned it off b/c I wanted to sleep in a little. I then hear Eric's alarm go off in the spare room...but I ignored it and went back to sleep. Then I hear him come into the bedroom and get in bed with me (remember our sleeping arrangement) and try to cuddle. I have a pretty bad neck so, when he put his arm under my pillow it hurt so I jerked my pillow off his arm and lower in the bed. Then I started getting cold because the blanket wasn't wrapped around me snuggly, so I started jerking it up trying to block the freezing cold (thermostat is still at 72). He got frustrated and got out of bed. I felt really bad (and still do)...I know he was just trying to show some love...I am a horrible wife.
I have always had issues with personal space, so I think a plastic bubble is the only way to go! I have never liked to be touched, or in close proximity to people....the germs are only a small part of the reason. I don't like to cuddle...never really have, is that bad? It took me quite some time to get used to Hawaii and how everyone not only gives you hugs, but also kisses your cheek!
So I tried to apologize when I got up but he was getting ready to go to the gym, and didn't invite me...and he stole my ipod, so I knew I wasn't invited. I will have to try to make amends when he returns home. Why can't I just act like a normal chick? Grrrrr.
I am trying to stay positive and think about all the things I love about Eric... enjoy!!
- When we play Guitar Hero he turns on my sweet guitar for me, and logs me into my profile
- He doesn't rub it in when I lose horribly
- He lets me have first choice of everything
- He puts up with Koa when I need a break...and how much I spoil him
- He cooks ALL THE TIME!!!
- He cleans ALL THE TIME!!!
- He truly cares about my happiness
- He puts up with me, and loves me anyway ;o)
- He has supported me while I am in school, and gives me continued encouragement and love when I need it most
- He is willing to wait to have children until I am finished with school (even though he turned 30 this summer)
Compromise is the word of the day...mainly on my part!